Each of the items below made a huge difference in the success of my first year as a mother. I wish that I could say that I was so prepared that I knew to ask for them from the beginning. I did not. They were all suggestions from moms (friends) who used them and love them.
1. Itzbeen Baby Timer. OMG. I had no idea. Trust me, this should be at the top of your registry right below diapers. With a push of a button, you can track diaper changes, feeding, and naps. There's a miscellaneous button that I found helpful when tracking time between medicine doses. There's even a night-light! This product deserves to be in the hall of fame.
2. Classical Music. I know that you've heard it. Maybe you’ve dismissed it as not a big deal but trust me; having these soothing sounds playing will create a calm environment for your baby. My baby not only loved it as an infant, but also could be entranced by it as she progressed throughout her first year. I put on HBO's Classical Baby DVD while I am doing her hair now and she barely moves a muscle.
3.Boppy Pillow. I can't say enough about this pillow and the success I experienced while using it with my daughter. I did not have my boppy at the hospital so I tried propping pillow up to aid in breast-feeding. Using the Boppy was like night and day. I believe so much in this breastfeeding aid, that I have donated several to teen mothers.
4. Mommy Bear with Womb Sounds. In all fairness, I had a calm baby, thanks in part to a product that will appear later in the list, but I was able to entertain her with this bear and it's soothing sounds when were out and about.
5. Swaddling Wraps. You will learn about swaddling in one of your many pre-natal classes. Your friends might tell you about it in passing. I am here to let you in on the secret to expertly swaddling your newborn. It's all in the wrap. Save yourself some frustration and buy the best wraps that you can. Your baby will wiggle out of a poor wrap job in no time flat. Don't choose a wrap with the perfectly still doll from class in mind. No, Choose a wrap for that athlete that has been actively kicking in your womb for 9 months.
6. Baby Plus*** this baby learning system is hands down, the best product that I used during my pregnancy. I believe that I could raise my baby in a jungle and wrap her in leaves because her disposition is so pleasant. She nursed right out of the womb and slept through the night from the very beginning. She is very alert, extremely calm and as I write this, she is 15 months old and using the potty when she gets out of bed in the morning. I believe that I will constantly discover ways in which she has benefited from this system.
7.Bumbo Baby Seat. Truly your second set of hands! Use it for feeding or whenever you need to safely sit your baby down. I love this award-winning product and know that you will too.
8. Giraffe Baby Teether Your baby will chew on things. Every thing! Make sure that you keep plenty of safe teethers around for them to chew on. My favorite is this giraffe baby teether
Got a favorite product that you'd like to share. Leave us a comment below or drop us an email. We can't get enough of easy nursery solutions.